Tuesday, June 12, 2018

How I Take Care of my Blonde HairπŸ‘±πŸ»‍♀️πŸ’›

Tips for taking care of blonde hair and keeping it shiny, soft, and healthyπŸ’πŸΌ‍♀️

A couple of weeks ago I balayage-d my dark brown hair and I absolutely love it! I was originally going to go blonde all over but my hair stylist suggested that I do a balayage instead since it is more flattering and easier to maintain since you do not have to go for touch ups as much. For those of you wondering, my balayage cost $140 for medium length hair. After my appointment, I felt like my hair was too yellow and had some brassy tones in it (at no fault of the hairstylist, dark hair will usually have yellow or orange tones in it). So to get rid of the brassiness and make my blonde hair ashier, I used toner to tone it. The toner I used was Wella Color Charm T18 and Wella 20 Developer. I bought both products from Sally Beauty Supply Store. 
  • To make sure that your hair does not yellow or turn brassy, you must use purple shampoo. There are many purple shampoos on the market but the one I use is Not Your Mother's Blonde Moment Treatment Shampoo. I also use the conditioner. They both smell really good! πŸ’œπŸ’œ
  • I don't really like to put a lot of products on my hair but I do enjoy using the Not Your Mother's Blonde Moment Seal and Protect Leave In. It's basically a leave in conditioner that keeps your hair blonde and super soft, it also smells really good πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
  • Bleaching your hair can make it super dry and damaged but I use coconut oil to protect it, prevent split ends, and bring it back to health. I apply it a couple hours before I wash my hair so that it has enough time to saturate my hair. 
  • Bleached hair tends to be really dry so it is important to not wash your hair everyday. I try to wash it every other day or sometimes I will go for two days without washing 😬😞😣(I know!) Dry shampoo will be your best friend!! I like to use the TRESemmΓ© Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo or the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreashing Dry Shampoo
  • Try not to use a lot of heat on your hair!
Hope these tips helped! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment